Saturday, June 14, 2008

Study: Guys with "green" cars get all the babes



The results of recent study by the U.S. Department of Energy and General Motors are in: girls dig guys who drive ecologically-conscious cars.

Among the findings (as published on Yahoo.com):

-Nearly 9 in 10 women (88 percent) say they'd rather chat up someone who owns the latest fuel-efficient car versus the latest sports car.

-Eighty percent of American car buyers would find someone with the latest fuel-efficient car more interesting to talk to at a party than someone with the latest sports car.

-More than 4 out of 10 (45 percent) 18- to 43-year-olds say it's a fashion faux pas nowadays to have a car that's not green or environmentally friendly. (Of course, this doesn't mean that a man has run out and buy a hybrid right away. I mean if he can, great. But just as long as he drives a car that isn't a major offense against the environment and he makes the effort not to drive as much, or plan his trips accordingly, that's just as good.)

Recently a guy who drives a Hummer asked me out. I was coming out of the bank and there he was, standing in front of his H3, thinking he's all that, trying to make conversation. At some point, I asked him if he was aware of how much gas it wastes and how bad it is for the environment and he replied- "Well, it doesn't bother me. I can afford it, you know?" What a jerk! I wasn't interested anyway, but it's just perplexing how ignorant people are in regards of being kind to our planet.

Anyway, back to the study-it was part of a competition in which engineering students had to build vehicles utilizing innovative automotive technologies that would minimize the environmental impact of personal transportation and "illustrate pathways to a sustainable transportation future."

Personally, I totally agree with the study. To me, a man who's actually eco-conscious is incredibly attractive. (Other things taken into account as well, of course.)

I've never really cared about what kind of car a man drives. I had always thought that was superficial and irrelevant. But now things have changed. In these times when we really have to be aware of what kind of impact our actions have on our planet, I must say that I now do pay attention to things like that, not because I care how much money a guy makes or his "status," but because I care how much HE cares about the environment.

Now that's HOT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about guys without a car or even better guys who sold their car to use trains ?! Do they get all the babes ?... Try to arrive at a date using the bus and you will get your answer... The world is just way too unfair !!! :)

Veronica Mar said...

Dear Vincent-I don't know if guys without a car get all the babes. But a guy who sells his car to use any kind of public transportation to help the environment definitely gets an A on my book! ;-) By the way- when are we using some of those free bikes to ride through Montmartre?